Senior Product Designer
Location: Remote or NYC | Full-Time
Euclid Power is the operating system for the renewable energy industry. We offer a diligence, development, and data management platform alongside world-class execution services to help project developers and investors deploy renewable energy faster than ever before. We believe it is time that the process of deploying renewable energy projects was powered by software, as much as social media or online ads and that by doing so, we can help more projects start, fewer fail, and accelerate the world's transition to clean energy.
Euclid is trusted by some of the largest solar investors, solar developers, utilities, and technology integrators to provide software, guidance, and project diligence support. Less than a year in, and with no outside capital raised, Euclid has over a dozen clients and >1GW of renewable energy across 100 projects under execution on our beta platform. Euclid is led by a world-class team of renewable energy veterans that previously created the diligence, investing, and execution process for some of the industry’s leading developers and investors including Goldman Sachs Renewable Power, Blackstone (Onyx), GE Solar, Generate Capital, and True Green Capital.
Our company is committed to hiring talented team-members and advisors who are hardworking, passionate, and committed to our mission. Hires at this stage will immediately contribute to the DNA of our product, processes, and, most importantly, culture. At Euclid, learning, growing, and testing the best ideas are central to our approach to solving one of the world’s most important challenges: climate change.
The story of Euclid begins 10 years ago when our co-founder, Ryan Guay, walked into the offices of his first job, at the largest solar installer in New York. The company’s entire 50-project pipeline was written on a whiteboard, with no general plan, tools, or processes in sight to manage the 1,000s of key data points necessary to diligence, build, execute, and finance these complex projects while communicating with dozens of key stakeholders. Over the next decade, Ryan and the rest of the founding team have witnessed firsthand the renewable power industry suffer from cost overruns, massive schedule delays, overlooked project risks, and many, many dead deals from the lack of data and process management. Euclid was founded to bring much-needed operational reprieve to the industry and finally get this process right. As the industry grows, our mission is to capture and track project data so that key players can develop, diligence, build, and finance their projects on time and on budget and, frankly, get more renewable energy deals done.
Who You Are
- Life-long learner and builder that is passionate about creating great software products to support the deployment of renewable energy projects
- Experienced product designer with demonstrated ability to help a team navigate ambiguity, set vision, and set strategy for products, and collaboratively contribute to product vision and roadmap
- Creative architect that is excited by the opportunity to grow a product to serve hundreds of the largest customers in the renewables space
- Team-player that will collaborate with our product and founding teams to translate (and improve) our proven renewables diligence, execution, and data tools
- Self-starter that can work with product team to create and test experiences with early customers
- Client-centric attitude, with a desire to create the best possible experience for the end-user
- Scrappy, open-minded, entrepreneurial thinker who can guide product decisions in a resource-limited environment and understand the benefits and trade-offs of the different solutions available for a given problem
- Systems-thinker with the ability to think beyond the pixels and make complex information, tools, and services easily digestible for your audience
What You'll Do
- Learn renewable energy development and execution process by working with Euclid’s team and customers that are actively executing on over 3GW of renewable energy projects
- Design paradigm-shifting tools for a highly manual and spreadsheet-oriented industry
- Conduct user testing and research to understand customer behavior and expectations
- Define requirements and designs in coordination with product managers, engineers, and users
- Create wireframes, user flows, and everything from low- to high-fidelity designs
- Aid in the integration of existing third-party tools into our application
- Participate in the agile sprint planning and prioritization process
- Lead design of new features
- Work with product and founding team to prioritize, design, and iterate products that will delight renewable energy developers and investors
What You Have
- 5+ years of UX/UI or Product Design experience in the software space (web-based enterprise software preferred)
- Excellent at communicating design decisions and processes regardless of the audience – non-technical founders, product managers, engineers, other designers, etc.
- Ability to understand UX and design trade-offs and clearly communicate those to product decision makers
- Strong technical skills and experience working with popular design tools (Figma, Adobe Suite, etc.)
- Familiarity with pattern libraries and atomic design principles
- Understanding of real customer problems and experience validating the product experience
- Desire to play a direct role in growing our company and improving our products
What We Provide
- Benefits package (401K, Health Insurance, Remote Work, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays)
- Opportunity for early equity awards and share in the growth of the firm you are helping build
- Professional credential obtainment sponsorship (PMP, PE, CFA, Software)
- Multidisciplinary exposure and training (Tax, Legal, Finance, Diligence, Engineering etc.)
- Opportunity to learn and grow in a truly supportive, collaborative, dynamic, and diverse environment
- Exposure to high-profile, industry leading clients, products, and technology
We welcome candidates of all races, creeds, genders, and sexualities to apply. Euclid is committed to embracing diversity, equity, and inclusion to create a workplace that welcomes and thrives on the unique experiences, perspectives and contributions of all team members. Euclid is bringing the best people and most diverse talent forward to drive growth, innovate, and think bigger!